Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 38 - taco dip

I was given "strict" orders to bring the authentic taco dip for this past Christmas. Normally, I would have put up a fight since I really enjoy my taco bean dip. However, given the ease of this recipe and the frenetic pace of the holidays, I completely submitted.

  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (16 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
  • 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2-3 chopped tomatoes
  • 3-4 chopped scallions
  • 1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives, drained
  • Optional - 1/4 head of lettuce

Overall, this recipe was quite suitable for the standard taco dip. I didn't add the lettuce on this particular attempt. I really am not convinced it belongs on a dip despite the outcries of my younger sister.

Overall, I would give this recipe 7 stars out of 10. It was good for a taco dip but I am only a moderate fan of the concept. I will make it again if and when taco dip is requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment