Monday, January 2, 2012

Week 27 - Bowtie Pasta with Sausage and Tomato Cream Sauce

I am way behind on my blogging. This is completely unacceptable.

Anyway, on to the recipe... This was quite tasty. However, the concept is very similar to a tortellini recipe that I enjoy. I don't think there is anything I would change with this particular variation.

  • 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

I really enjoy the tomato and cream based sauces. The italian sausage adds depth to the flavor while the red pepper flakes compliment the meal with a bit of a kick. The bow tie pasta serves as a recepticle to collect the sauce.

Overall, I will give this recipe an 8 out of 10 stars. Not only is it tasty, it is quite convenient as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment