Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 35 - Chicken Fajitas

Oh dear, I have no idea where my fajita recipe ran off to. I think I pulled this from the back of a seasoning packet. So here is my best attempt to recall the recipe.

  • 2-3 chicken thighs, sliced
  • 1 fajita seasoning mix
  • 1 onion sliced
  • 1 green pepper sliced
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 6 tortillas
  • sour cream

Overall, I enjoyed this attempt at culinary exploration. Next time, I would like to try making my own seasoning. I also made this with chicken thighs which tend to have a higher fat content. I sort of wish I would have used chicken breasts with this concoction. The chicken thighs took on a weird "leftover meat" flavor after the first meal. If I make it again, I will likely do that. Otherwise, there was a nice kick to the seasoning. The peppers and onions fulfilled their role in the customary fajita. Outside of that, there really isn't much more to say.

I give this recipe 7 stars out of 10. I would like to make it again with a few changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment