Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 29 - Italian Beef Sandwiches

Here is my attempt at Italian Beef sandwiches. I have no idea what Italian beef is supposed to taste like. So I have no idea if this is truly an authentic attempt. To some extent, I think this should be called beef and pepperoncini sandwiches. It really didn't seem very Italian... Anyway, onto the ingredient list.


  • 3 pounds beef chuck roast
  • 3 (1 ounce) packages dry Italian salad dressing mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers
  • 8 hamburger buns, split

These Italian Beef, I mean Beef Pepperoncini sandwiches were respectable as a recipe on their own. I just don't think they adhere to the concept of Italian Beef. The Italian seasoning was completely lost by meal time. There was also a mildly overpowering pepperoncini flavor present. In short, I think this serves as a base recipe; it needs additional tweaking with the spices unless one has a oddly strange craving for pepperoncini juice.

I will give this a 6 stars out of 10, only because I could see myself having such a craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment