Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 32 - Caramel Apple Dip

Notice the apple theme? I still had some leftover apples that I needed to find ways to use. I ultimately failed at that endeavor, sadly enough.

I have had caramel apple dip in the past but this was the first time that I have ever made it on my own. I would have to say that this version is better than what I've had in the past.

  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

There isn't anything that I would change about this recipe. In the past, I always had to deal with a grainy and/or clumpy texture. This obviously is not ideal. However, I am happy to report that this version was absolutely as smooth as can be. It had a memorable tang from the cream cheese with a sweet aftertaste. In short, it was perfect. It paired quite well with a half-sweet, half-tart apple.

I will give this 8.5 stars out of 10. I will definitely make this again if I have extra apples on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment