Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week 22 - Spaghetti Squash

Who knew there could be such a healthy alternative to pasta. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love pasta, but spaghetti squash when treated like pasta, is actually quite good. This also serves as a tasty side dish.

  • 1 spaghetti squash
  • 1 jar of pasta sauce
  • 1 TBSP of fresh basil
  • parmesan cheese, grated

Overall, there isn't much to say about this concoction. I somewhat feel like I have cheated my blog once again with this one given the simplicity. This is the first time in at least 2 years that I have used a jar spaghetti sauce from the store. (Aside from when I use it in my lasagna...)

I will give this recipe 6.5 stars out of 10. I will definitely make it again when I'm craving spaghetti squash. I would like to explore other ways to spice it up a bit as well. I am already getting a few ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment