Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week 12 - Teriyaki Pork Stir-Fry

My attempts at making homemade stir-fry are vastly improving.   Each attempt has been better than the previous attempt.  There is only one small change that I need to make to my Teriyaki Pork Stir-Fry recipe.  Aside from that, it's an excellent base to experiment with.  I should be able to use numerous different combinations of vegetables.  

So here are the ingredients:

<ul>
<li>2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce</li>
<li>1/4 cup packed brown sugar</li>
<li>1 TBSP cornstarch</li>
<li>2 tsp peeled, finely chopped fresh gingerroot</li>
<li>2 garlic cloves, pressed</li>
<li>1 lb boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1/8-wide strips</li>
<li>2 cups rice</li>
<li>1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips</li>
<li>1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips</li>
<li>6 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed</li>
<li>1 bunch green onions with tops, cut into 1-inch pieces (6-8)</li>
<li>1 tsp sesame seed oil, divided</li>
<li>1 can (8 oz) bamboo shoots</li>
</ul>

My one and only mistake with this recipe was not using reduced-sodium soy sauce.  As a result, it was a bit salty.  Had I followed the recipe, this would have easily been a 9 on my scale.  Very fresh.  The vegetables were crisp and tasty.  Gone are the days of using frozen vegetables.  That's just a recipe for sogginess. 

I really don't have much to say about this recipe other than it was darn good.  I will definitely make it again when I'm craving a stir-fry.  I give it an 8.5 out of 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment