Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week 41 - Glazed Mushrooms

I attempted to make mushrooms with a soy sauce glaze only to realize that I didn't have any soy sauce available in my culinary arsenal at the time, much to my dismay. So instead I made mushrooms with a worchestershire sauce glaze. It turned out quite well.
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 (8 ounce) package sliced white mushrooms
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons worchestershire sauce
  • ground black pepper to taste
There really isn't much to say about this. It was simple, yet tasty.

In this blogging process, I really am just trying to expand upon my cooking techniques and recipes. I want to then document my adventures. Sadly enough, I was never exposed to something like glazed mushrooms when I was a child.

I think one could even serve this as a side dish. This would work quite well alongside a grilled steak. To some extent, worchestershire sauce and soy sauce are very similar. It can be a bit salty at times. So definitely take that into consideration when you are throwing this together.

Overall, I give this 7 out of 10 stars. It seems too basic to warrant more and doesn't really stand as a meal on it's own. Otherwise, it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment