Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 10 - Foccacia Turkey Sandwich

How could something so simple turn out so...utterly...disappointing? I blame the foccacia bread that I found at Copp's. ICK! Parmesan and onion bread sounds good when perusing the bakery, but after taste testing and closer inspection, it became obvious that they layered copious amounts of onion over the bread and then threw on a hard crust of baked parmesan cheese. What?! Anyway, I really want to try foccacia bread again. I just need to find relatively plain bread. The pictured bread looks so light and airy on the recipe website. What I had purchased was anything but light and airy; it was instead dense and insanely pungent. Anyway, here are the ingredients that I used.

  • 1 (1 pound) loaf focaccia bread - parmesan/onion flavor
  • 1/2 cup chive-and-onion cream cheese spread or spinach dip
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 8 ounces thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
  • 4 slices Swiss cheese
  • 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced

Cheap recipe, this was not. It was probably the most expensive sandwich that I have ever made or purchased in a restaurant for that matter. The failure of the bread really destroyed everything else that could have been so darn successful.

I will likely try this again someday. However, I can't rate this particular rendition any higher than a 3 today, though it serves as a sufficient base recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment