Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week 5 - Roast Sticky Chicken-Rotisserie Style

Earlier this week, I made a rotisserie style chicken. It was by far the best whole chicken I have ever made. The ingredients are listed below.

  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 onions, quartered
  • 1 (4 pound) whole chickens

I served mashed potatoes and green beans along with it. I adjusted the cooking time. The original recipe called for roasting two 4-lb chickens at 250 degrees for 5 hours. My 4.5-lb chicken was roasted for 4.5 hours. It turned out perfectly. The meat was very juicy and tender. I just wish there had been more. Next time, I will buy a bigger bird.

There is only one change that I want to make to the instructions of the recipe. I recommend placing some seasoning between the meat and the skin of the chicken. Aside from that, it was delectable.

I am going to give this recipe 8 stars out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog ~ thanks for posting such useful content./Nice article and great photos. Very nicely done!

    Chicken Rotisseries

    ReplyDelete